The Delta Academy was created to enrich the lives of our young females ages 11-14 as they navigate the world. Our programming provides educational opportunities and life skills to combat the stigma of academic failure and low self-esteem all the while providing mentoring and insight into new career avenues.
The Delta Academy is designed for:
- Young women ages 11 – 14.
- Young women who have potential but need guidance, support and skills to achieve success.
- Young women who are interested in cultivation service learning.
- Young women who looking toward the future with career and collegiate aspirations.
- Young women who need encouragement and support in pursuit of higher learning.
- Young women who are interested in developing their leadership skills.
- Young women who are interested in community action and social change.
- Young women who have an interest in non-traditional careers including those in math, science, engineering and technology.
Our implementation of the program includes monthly meetings, workshops, service projects, social events, and cultural activities.